From: Sam Pfeiffer <sammypfeiffer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: Gentoo Prefix not bootstrapping
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 08:45:53
1 As an update, I tried to go back to sys-kernel/linux-headers-5.3 (previous
2 to 5.3-r1) and it didn't emerge with the same error of rsync not being
3 present.
4
5 On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 at 19:24, Sam Pfeiffer <sammypfeiffer@×××××.com> wrote:
6
7 > Hello,
8 >
9 > My automated builds stopped building from 8 of November 2019.
10 >
11 > bootstrap-prefix.sh fails on stage3 trying to emerge
12 > sys-kernel/linux-headers
13 >
14 > I reported it here: https://bugs.gentoo.org/699718
15 >
16 > sys-kernel/linux-headers-5.3-r1 fails to install with the error:
17 > /tmp/gentoo/tmp/bin/bash: rsync: command not found
18 >
19 > I had a bit of time today to try to fix it. I'm pretty sure is not a good
20 > fix, but it may help someone to fix it properly.
21 >
22 > I made gist here:
23 > https://gist.github.com/awesomebytes/bf9e8dc9ad0487f59eb018d8eceb88ab
24 >
25 > With the instructions how I got the bootstrap to keep going (haven't
26 > finished a build yet, so I don't know if it completely works). Basically
27 > emerge net-misc/rsync before. But rsync didn't install correctly...
28 >
29 > On 8 Nov, sys-kernel/linux-headers updated to 5.3-r1 with this commit:
30 > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/diff/sys-kernel/linux-headers/linux-headers-5.3-r1.ebuild?id=860517a4332adacd145f96d17e1fd9c1ee757d93
31 >
32 > Which on src_prepare has the 2 lines switched of order from the previous
33 > versions.
34 >
35 > I don't know what they do (specially the one that is just the command
36 > 'default') so I haven't looked in that direction.
40 > --
41 >
42 > *Sammy Pfeiffer*
43 > PhD Candidate at The Magic Lab within UTS.
49 *Sammy Pfeiffer*
50 PhD Candidate at The Magic Lab within UTS.