From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: You too? youtoo!
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 08:25:13
1 On 08/20/2010 09:11 AM, Elmar Hinz wrote:
2 > As I first sketch I did a shell script called "metoo". It runs the
3 > normal genkernel installation.
4 >
5 > I do it from an ubuntu partition. It does not install a bootloader, as
6 > grub is already available from this ubuntu installation.
7 >
8 > Let`s see if this list allows to attach a file. Have a look into it.
9 > If you want to try it, you need at least an empty partition of 5 GB
10 > and a swap partition. It accepts an additional partition for the
11 > portage tree.
12
13 I'm wondering what you're after now:
14 Gentoo Prefix is _not_ a complete operating system, but "just another
15 program" on top of some running OS. So it does _not_ need an "empty"
16 partition, and especially not a swap partition.
17 It just requires some free disk space, which _can_ be on a separate
18 partition, but it must contain at least a filesystem already mounted
19 into your OS.
20
21 /haubi/
22 --