From: John Gibson <jgibson@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Bootstrapping Problems on OS X 10.4
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 02:18:07
1 On Nov 10, 2008, at 5:01 AM, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2
3 > On 09-11-2008 23:08:57 -0700, David Hubbard wrote:
4 >>> Why is the -no-dynamic thing necessary? For bootstrapping?
5 >>
6 >> Yes, only for bootstrapping. The xcode gcc version (whichever one I
7 >> have installed) does not support it.
8 >
9 > Ok, then I'll add that code block as well, and make sure it will
10 > end up
11 > in the bootstrap snapshot.
12 >
13 > Thanks so much again for all the research work!
16 > --
17 > Fabian Groffen
18 > Gentoo on a different level
21 Guys,
22
23 I just tested out the changes I found one little bug.
24
25 The dsymutil.patch has an extra } at the end of the added line. This
26 caused the following error when linking in stage2 of building gcc-apple:
27 xgcc: error trying to exec '}': execvp: No such file or directory
28
29 Removing one of the } from the patch fixed the problem.
30
31 Thanks a lot,
32
33 John