From: Dirk Tilger <dirk@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] enewuser() and consorts in eutils.eclass
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:50:39
1 On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 09:38:52AM +0200, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
2 > > I've seen parts in enewuser() for example calling `dscl` to create
3 > > Darwin NetInfo user accounts. If the scripts shouldn't be called
4 > > automatically, maybe we can generate shell scripts in the meantime with
5 > > the appropriate commands (leaving the warning intact) for the
6 > > administrator to run manually. That would allow some last tweaks (and
7 > > shift the blame in case of mess-up).
8 > > Any ideas or suggestions?
9 >
10 > Years ago, I had exactly such an implementation for initialdays-prefix,
11 > which unfortunately did not make its way into nowadays-prefix:
12 > http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-osx/msg_02360.xml
13 >
14 > It will need some love, at least for
15 > *) ${ROOT} -> ${EROOT}
16 > *) ${AFFIX} -> "usr/"
17 > *) ${USERLAND} -> ${CHOST}
18 > *) more platforms (not just Darwin, BSD, Linux)
19 > *) test it
20
21 Indeed, that's what I ment. I'd like to have it a step further, though,
22 by also including calls to change ownership and creating the scripts by
23 the name of the package I'm emerging. That would (I hope) allow me after
24 emerging a number of applications to go through my ctime-ordered shell
25 scripts one by one, inspecting the scripts and running them if I see
26 fit.
27
28 I see from
29 http://www.nabble.com/-PREFIX--User-account-management-t1776721.html
30 that there has been some heat around the topic. Grobian, can you shed
31 some lights on the political situation on the issue?
32
33 Dirk.
34 --
35 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list