From: Elmar Hinz <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] You too? youtoo!
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 08:48:54
1 2010/8/18 Florian CROUZAT <gentoo@××××××××××××××.net>:
2 >
3 > On 18 août 2010, at 01:22, Gibson, John wrote:
4 >
5 >> He wants to have a single prefix, or more realistically, a collection of prefixes for different platforms built from one platform with a single command.  i.e. On my Mac I'd have several different prefixes, for brevity say:
8 > Oh, okay, that was hard to guess from  "youtoo --prefix /home/user/gentoo/ --target gedit" , can't see the chost in there.
11 I probably should have used a more windows like syntax, to indicate
12 that i don't mean to reinvent emerge, but rather an installer that
13 installs me a basical gentoo environemnt on any platform.
14
15 It's not that I am frightend of sources. I simply need that as a
16 prerequest for the tool a am working on.
17
18 For sure I could code that into my tool itself. But the unix way is to
19 separate different tasks into different tools and than let them work
20 together.
21
22 Al