From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] sys-libs/timezone-data-2018c fails to emerge during prefix installation.
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 00:52:59
1 Cyril de Vaucleroy <cyril.devaucleroy@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > I am trying to set up Gentoo Prefix on a CentOS VPS, but unfortunately
4 > not without issues... When the bootstrap shell script tries to emerge
5 > -e system, it always fails at the same point, when trying to emerge
6 > sys-libs/timezone-data-2018c. Apparently, portage complains about
7 > files installed outside of the prefix (here's the complete build.log
8 > file for reference : https://hastebin.com/xomagewulo.coffeescript).
9 >
10 > The weird part is that apparently this was "fixed" in a recent commit
11 > :
12 > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=f9aff1e839de0d9291b0538ce956c5b88cac0a41. But
13 > as you can imagine, the fix does not work, at least for me... (Before
14 > you ask, I did emerge --sync to make sure I was up to date) Also, if
15 > you compare the diffs of this commit and of the commit concerning
16 > timezone-data that was applied a few days before (which you can find
17 > here :
18 > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=3d8012b536f1ad0d0b6a5155e6156e299d7a7a31),
19 > you can see that the only thing the most recent commit does is
20 > reverting the changes of the previous ones, although both had as
21 > objective to fix the install on Gentoo Prefix systems...
22 >
23 > As you can see, I have absolutely no clue of what to do next, which is
24 > why any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance :-)
25
26 Indeed, the later fix f9aff1e839de0d by Mike was a regression. I have
27 reverted it.
28
29 Thanks!
30 Benda