From: "Gibson
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] bootstrap-prefix.sh: Parallel make error with bison?
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 17:22:19
1 On Aug 23, 2014, at 7:38 PM, Wolfram Kahl <kahl@××××××××××××.ca> wrote:
2
3 > Is my impression right that ``make -j1'' would likely fix this?
4 > If yes, how can I get it into the ``General Bootstrap Process''
5 > only for bison?
6 Per-package environment settings (including MAKEOPTS) can be set in $EPREFIX/etc/portage/package.env
7 See here for details:
8 http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Knowledge_Base:Overriding_environment_variables_per_package
9
10 Because you're bootstrapping you may need to put the customizations in multiple places (like $EPREFIX/tmp/etc/portage/package.env), but I'm not exactly sure.
11
12 > And is there any way of restarting it from bison?
13 I don't know if you can restart from just bison, but the script should at least remember which stage you were in (1, 2 or 3).
14
15 John