From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Prefix bootstrap state
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 21:17:30
1 Update
2
3 On 06-02-2014 09:45:10 +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
4 > Currently, bootstrap is broken on:
5 > - Solaris 10: the old gcc compiler can't compile
6 > baselayout-prefix/libeinfo. I'm about to patch that piece of code
7 > tonight so it will compile.
8
9 Seems I've got it all the way up to the emerge -e system now.
10
11 > - Fedora 17: Python 3 (whatelse) gives problems compiling modules. The
12 > oddest one _decimal, which breaks on some weird funcs, but maybe those
13 > are arithmetic ones from the compiler that we may or may not have due
14 > to the bootstrap setup. Solution might be to block Python 3 during
15 > bootstrap stages if it demands a newer compiler or something.
16
17 Same story, just blocked entire Python 3 in stage3.
18
19 Will see tomorrow what the virtual machines say on their terminals ;)
23 Fabian Groffen
24 Gentoo on a different level