From: Michael Weiser <michael@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefix repo_name gentoo_prefix vs. gentoo
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 12:41:19
1 Hi all,
2
3 On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 05:35:34PM +0200, Michael Weiser wrote:
4
5 > for years I've sporadically seen messages such as
6
7 > !!! Section 'gentoo' in repos.conf has name different from repository name 'gentoo_prefix' set inside repository
8
9 I'd like to warm this up because I'm still manually patching the
10 repository name after each sync. Does anyone actually remember if and
11 why that differing name "gentoo_prefix" is actually necessary? Otherwise
12 I'd propose changing it to "gentoo" and be done with it. See below for
13 rationale why IMO it's broken currently.
14
15 Thanks,
16 Michael
17
18 > when calling emerge --sync et.al. without any negative effects. Today it
19 > finally caused me grief, because crossdev's heuristic for finding the
20 > first overlay selected $EPREFIX/usr/portage instead of
21 > $PREFIX/usr/local/portage.
22
23 > So I looked into what it does: It calls portageq
24 > repositories_configuration $EPREFIX and on my system that gives:
25
26 > # portageq repositories_configuration /usr/local/gentoo/
27 > !!! Section 'gentoo' in repos.conf has name different from repository name 'gentoo_prefix' set inside repository
28 > [DEFAULT]
29 > auto-sync = yes
30 > main-repo = gentoo
31
32 > [gentoo]
33 > aliases = gentoo
34 > auto-sync = yes
35 > location = /usr/local/gentoo/usr/portage
36 > masters =
37 > priority = -1000
38
39 > [gentoo_prefix]
40 > aliases = gentoo
41 > auto-sync = yes
42 > location = /usr/local/gentoo/usr/portage
43 > masters =
44 > priority = -1000
45
46 > [local]
47 > auto-sync = yes
48 > location = /usr/local/gentoo/usr/local/portage
49 > masters = gentoo_prefix
50 > priority = 0
51
52 > Mhmm. I do not have any repos.conf in $EPREFIX/etc/portage. So as a quick hack
53 > I went and replaced gentoo_prefix by gentoo in $PORTDIR/metatada/layout.conf,
54 > $PORTDIR/profiles/metadata, $EPREFIX/usr/share/portage/config/repos.conf and
55 > $PORTAGE_OVERLAY/metadata/layout.conf (masters).
56
57 > That got rid of above warning, portageq now shows
58
59 > # portageq repositories_configuration /usr/local/gentoo
60 > [DEFAULT]
61 > auto-sync = yes
62 > main-repo = gentoo
63
64 > [gentoo]
65 > aliases = gentoo
66 > auto-sync = yes
67 > location = /usr/local/gentoo/usr/portage
68 > masters =
69 > priority = -1000
70 > sync-type = rsync
71 > sync-uri = rsync://rsync.prefix.bitzolder.nl/gentoo-portage-prefix
72 > sync-rsync-extra-opts = None
73
74 > [local]
75 > auto-sync = yes
76 > location = /usr/local/gentoo/usr/local/portage
77 > masters = gentoo
78 > priority = 0
79
80 > ... and crossdev correctly selects $EPREFIX/usr/local/portage as first overlay.
81
82 > Is there something wrong with my setup or can someone else seeing this as well?
83
84 > Thanks,
87 bye, Micha
88 Elefanten spielen nicht Schach!