From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] permission test
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 18:46:02
On 18-10-2011 20:34:12 +0200, Burcin Erocal wrote:
> > > # Now we look for all world writable files. > > > + if [ "${QA_SKIP_WRITABLE-unset}" == unset ] ; then > > > local i > > > for i in $(find "${D}/" -type f -perm -2); do > > > > How would this work, if you changed the D into ED here? Checking > > files outside of our control is indeed not really useful. > > In that context, printing $D gives $PORTAGE_TMP/$CATEGORY/$P/image in > the prefix. Since these are the new files introduced by the ebuild, I > don't think we need to change that line. Note that this is already in > the portage sources and I didn't touch it. :)
Ok, ED doesn't make a difference here. Can you explain why the host system is making world-writable files? What's its rationale to force that on you? Can't you really not just sanitise that (your umask?) -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo on a different level

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alt] permission test Burcin Erocal <burcin@××××××.org>