From: Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [prefix][solaris] shell problem inportage/configure
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 07:59:36
On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 22:13 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> [...]
For AIX, most users really want prefix-bash for performance reasons. For others like Solaris, the question is: Are we willing to test/debug/fix/upstream-report such bugs ? If we are, then we should keep using /bin/sh. If not, then we want to use prefix-bash. One thing to keep in mind: Who else if not prefix-portage has that power to test/debug/fix such upstream bugs on that range of platforms ? Using prefix-bash can always be the quick workaround for such bugs, if one does not have time to debug immediately - let the user choose! So maybe we want some FEATURE, or simply introduce users on how to set CONFIG_SHELL in etc/profile.bashrc, to switch between /bin/sh and prefix-bash (defaulting to prefix-bash for aix, to /bin/sh for others) ? /haubi/ -- Salomon Automation GmbH - Friesachstrasse 15 - A-8114 Friesach bei Graz Sitz der Gesellschaft: Friesach bei Graz UID-NR:ATU28654300 - Firmenbuchnummer: 49324 K Firmenbuchgericht: Landesgericht für Zivilrechtssachen Graz -- gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alt] [prefix][solaris] shell problem inportage/configure Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>