From: Francois Bissey <francois.bissey@×××××××××××××.nz>
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] preserving libmpfr.so.4.1.6
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 03:18:15
1 It should be libmpfr.so.3 not .so.4 which are the new ones.
2
3 > On 29/01/2018, at 15:55, Steven Trogdon <strogdon@×××××.edu> wrote:
4 >
5 > Hello,
6 >
7 > emerge of the latest sage-9999 from sage-on-gentoo requires
8 >
9 > emerge -1 sage
10 > Calculating dependencies... done!
11 > [ebuild U #] dev-libs/mpfr-4.0.0-r1 [3.1.6]
12 > [ebuild N #] sci-mathematics/sage-9999 USE="debug doc-html doc-pdf sagenb
13 > testsuite -X -bliss -latex -libbraiding -libhomfly -modular_decomposition"
14 > L10N="en -ca -de -es -fr -hu -it -ja -pt -ru -tr" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7
15 > -python3_6"
16 >
17 > Presently, mpfr-4.0.0-r1 is package masked.
18 >
19 > # Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o> (26 Dec 2017)
20 > # gcc depends on mpfr and this version changes soname. Spare users with
21 > # FEATURES=-preserve-libs from completely frying their system.
22 > =dev-libs/mpfr-4.0.0-r1
23 >
24 > So, since I did not have FEATURES=-preserve-libs I proceeded to unmask
25 > mpfr-4.0.0-r1 and continued with the emerge of sage with the hope that libs
26 > were preserved. The short story is that I ended up with a broken gcc since the
27 > subject libraries were not preserved. This is more elaborately documented at
28 > https://github.com/cschwan/sage-on-gentoo/issues/497
29 >
30 > Fortunately, the gcc was recovered by linking to the host (debian) libmpfr and
31 > rebuilding the prefix mpfr-3.1.6. So, is there any way to check before one
32 > attempts to do this sort of thing that libs in question are being preserved? I
33 > can certainly try this again - it may have been gremlins - since I believe I can
34 > recover if it fails, but it would be nice to know whether things will work or
35 > whether portage is broken. Here I'm using portage-2.3.20
36 >
37 > Thanks everyone,
38 > Steven
41 This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may
42 not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not
43 guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient,
44 please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message
45 and any attachments.
46
47 Please refer to http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/emaildisclaimer for more
48 information.