From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Gentoo Prefix/Windows
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 21:39:40
1 Markus Duft wrote:
2 > Hey all!
3 >
4 > I'm preparing to conquer the world (again) ;). To achieve my goal, I have
5 > prepared a new Gentoo Prefix on Windows Setup, and the according
6 > documentation. All this should be up on the distfiles mirrors within the
7 > next few days. In the meantime I have something to watch/read for all of
8 > you:
9
10 The latest stuff I see if from June.
11 http://distfiles.gentoo.org/experimental/prefix/x86-interix/
12
13 Is this correct?
16 > A short Video showing off a Gentoo Prefix Installation:
17 > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az1RR60s5n4
18 >
19 > The final draft of the Installation Manual packaged on the DVD Image:
20 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~mduft/gpx-installation-20090820.pdf
21 >
22 > If you knew the old setup, you'll notice that the new one is much more
23 > powerful/easy-to-use/consistent. Also there is only one single DVD image
24 > now, in contrast to the multiple CD images there were before. The single DVD
25 > contains support for _all_ supported platforms/architectures (sfu3-x86,
26 > sua5-x86, sua5-x64, sua6-x86, sua6-x64, sua6-ia64). Some of those are still
27 > experimental, but hey - most of prefix is experimental, right? :) For more
28 > detailed information, see the docs linked in above.
29 >
30 > Hope some of you are interested in this :)
31 > Cheers, Markus