From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] AIX5.3 prefix bootstrap gcc-4.2.4 failure
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 13:03:32
1 heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
2 > I have struggled through the gcc phase. I did very dirty hacks including
3 > replacing failing steps with linking against hand-pointed libraries.
4 >
5 > So now I have gcc-4.2.4 at hand.
6 >
7 > Next comes the coreutils-6.9.
8
9 > the dup-safer.c file is very strange:
10 >
11 > ,----
12 > | $ cat lib/dup-safer.c
13 > | ccTvzRll.i.o : /tmp/ccTvzRll.i
14 > `----
15
16 Can't say why, but this obviously is not the correct content of lib/dup-safer.c
17
18 > One very annoying problem is, the portage system keeps using /bin/sh
19
20 Must admit I've added 'export CONFIG_SHELL=/some/bash' to my ~/.profile
21 long time ago - and actually forgot about it, so this didn't bite me again...
22
23 > Hours of hours doing by hand. Now I am exhausted. I have to find a way
24 > to tell portage to use bash, and get rid of the f***ingly old sh. I am a
25 > normal user, I can't replace /bin/sh with the symlink to bash. (Dahhhh!)
26 >
27 > Any hints or ideas?
28
29 It may help even for your initial gcc troubles to set CONFIG_SHELL prior
30 to any other operation, either building prefix-launcher or anything else.
31
32 Oh well, there's another thing to check first:
33 $ /usr/sbin/lsattr -EH -l sys0 | grep ncargs
34 ncargs 40 ARG/ENV list size in 4K byte blocks True
35
36 The default value of 6 (or even 4) usually is too small - we've set it
37 to 40 here, but this can be done by root only:
38 $ /usr/sbin/chdev -l sys0 -a ncargs=40
39
40 Although Sun for example does recommend a value of 16:
41 http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-3530/gfxyz?a=view
42
43 Another question: Which version of gcc do you have already installed
44 and build prefix-launcher with?
45
46 /haubi/
47 --