From: Michael Fothergill <michael.fothergill@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: simple question about installing chromium browser for use in debian OS using gentoo prefix..
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 10:03:58
1 PS
2
3 I have gone and tried to install the chromium browser using gentoo prefix.
4
5 I have run into the bug discussed here:
6
7 https://bugs.gentoo.org/647740
8
9 The package net-libs/nghttp2-1.39.1
10 fails to compile
11
12 See here
13 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8346068.html#8346068
14
15 and the appropriate log file pastes therein.
16
17 I tried adding the local use flag asio to the make.conf file:
18
19 mikef@fart ~ $ !229
20 more /home/mikef/gentoo/etc/portage/make.conf
21 # Added by bootstrap-prefix.sh for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
22 USE="asio unicode nls icu ssl"
23 CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -O2 -pipe"
24 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
25 MAKEOPTS="-j3"
26 CONFIG_SHELL="/home/mikef/gentoo/bin/bash"
27 # sandbox does not work well on Prefix, bug 490246
28 FEATURES="${FEATURES} -usersandbox -sandbox"
29
30 and ran
31
32 source /home/mikef/gentoo/etc/profile
33
34 to update the system to let it see the new flag.
35
36 I reran emerge chromium and it failed again for the same reason as before.
37
38 Suggestions on a workaround are appreciated.
39
40 Regards
41
42 MF
43
44 PS
45
46 The bug discussion by Gabor Vida says "After debugging the configure
47 script, I ended up that if configure gets --with-boost=${EPREFIX},
48 then it properly finds Boost::ASIO, as it can set BOOST_ROOT and
49 BOOST_LDFLAGS." amongst other things.
50
51 What does this refer to and if it would help where does this script live?
52
53 Can I edit e.g. with emacs and add this extra line somewhere and it
54 would then fix the problem?
55
56 Comments appreciated.
57
58 Regards
59
60 MF
83 On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 at 17:09, Michael Fothergill