From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] minimal portage prefix install
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 12:33:00
1 On 02-03-2013 11:44:17 +0100, Timo Kluck wrote:
2 > Dear Gentoo-Alt developers,
3 >
4 > I would like to use portage prefix for my own custom package tree,
5 > independently from the standard portage tree and overlays. I found it
6 > quite difficult to isolate the necessary steps for that from the
7 > bootstrapping scripts.
8 >
9 > For example, suppose that I have two packages, called package-a and
10 > package-b. Suppose they have an automake file that just puts empty
11 > files at $prefix/a and $prefix/b, respectively. So with gentoo-prefix,
12 > I'm expecting those files to end up at $EPREFIX/usr.
13 >
14 > (1) How would I install portage-prefix, preferably from git, to
15 > $EPREFIX? Is just
16 >
17 > ./autogen.sh
18 > ./configure --prefix=$EPREFIX/usr --with-portage-user=$USER
19 > --with-portage-group=$USER
20 > make
21 > make install
22 >
23 > sufficient?
24
25 no, --with-offset-prefix=${EPREFIX} is essential, and
26 --with-extra-path=/usr/bin:/bin is probably quite useful
27
28 > (2) How would I setup the configuration files for portage and the two
29 > ebuilds on my local system?
30 >
31 > So I'm trying to use the system's bash, make etc.
32
33 you'll need quite a large packeg.provided, I think
34
35 > This is part of my effort to see whether we can use an existing,
36 > well-maintained package manager to replace the current naive packaging
37 > system of Sage (www.sagemath.org).
38
39 Sorry for the brevity on my part, I'm a bit in a rush right now. Try
40 the above, and report back. I think you can get what you want.
43 Fabian Groffen
44 Gentoo on a different level