From: John Gibson <jgibson@×××××.org>
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] OS X launchd DISPLAY environment variable
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 06:36:17
I'm not sure, I no longer have access to 10.4 for testing, but I think that the new DISPLAY variable was only introduced in 10.5. From what I saw of the code enabling it only seems to make the connection process try the new DISPLAY variable format (which just points to a different socket then the normal unix socket DISPLAY variable I guess), so it shouldn't break anything if the support is there. Do we have any 10.4 users who could test this out? John