From: Elmar Hinz <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Is gentoo-prefix a solution for me?
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 17:57:24
1 2010/8/17 Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>:
4 > OTOH: In theory(!) it should be possible to use any POSIX emulation layer
5 > such as Cygwin or even MinGW instead of Interix...
8 That sounds good. I already was thinking in that direction. Taking
9 Cygwin to get a naked POSIX environment and then installing Gentoo
10 into it. In theory that should work.
11
12 But somewhere an interface to the Windows window manager would be
13 required, to run graphical programs like Eclipse. But let's not lockup
14 to Java only, take Firefox for example. Does Cygwin or MinGW give us
15 this interface to export our graphical components into the Windows
16 windows?
17
18 Al