From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [AIX] module loading errors
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:02:09
1 On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 17:43 +0000, Marshall McMullen wrote:
2 > I'm sure this is a "known" problem, but wanted to make sure....
3 >
4 > I'm still getting sporadic module loading errors on AIX where the
5 > modules are being looked for in the tmp/portage/.../image directory rather
6 > than the directory it actually gets merged into. e.g:
7 >
8 > 0509-150 Dependent module /gsa/ausgsa-p5/15/gnu/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/subversion-1.4.5/image//gsa/ausgsa/projects/g/gnu/usr/lib/libsvn_wc-1.so could not be loaded.
9
10 Yes, subversion still is broken on aix.
13 > I've figured out I can circumvent this problem by copying any needed
14 > libraries into the directory it is looking for them in. However, is
15 > there a more permanent "proper" fix for this yet?
16
17 Unfortunately not.
18 You get subversion to _work_ when you do this ?
19
20 Btw, I've started to get more insight into "aix shared objects and
21 runtime linking" (-brtl linker flag) for how it changes runtime
22 behaviour, how libtool (does|should) handle it, how it could help with
23 missing 'soname' support, and whether we should use it in prefix or not.
24 Any input on this topic welcome!
27 > My continued thanks for this awesome project, you guys are awesome!!
28
29 Thank you! :)
30
31 /haubi/