From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: stage3 hangs [linux-headers]
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 23:13:42
1 On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Steven Trogdon <strogdon@×××××.edu> wrote:
2 > On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
5 >> The unprivileged/chown wrapper captures all of the output from the real
6 >> chown program and uses it to generate an ewarn message. You might get a
7 >> clue if you temporarily rename the wrapper so that the real chown
8 >> program is called directly.
9 >> --
10 >> Thanks,
11 >> Zac
14 > Instead of killing the process I did a Ctrl-C in the terminal to stop
15 > things, moved unprivileged/chown out of the way and restarted stage3. The
16 > headers installed, I suppose correctly, and building is now continuing.
17
18 It may be possible for the wrapper to go into an infinite exec loop if
19 ${BASH_SOURCE[0]} doesn't work correctly (maybe a problem with older
20 bash). What version of bash did you have?