From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Problems with getting gentoo scientific packages installed
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 09:54:12
1 On 04-01-2015 21:35:28 -0600, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > Hi JC,
3 >
4 > On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 10:54 AM, JC D <mail2jcdx@×××××.de> wrote:
5 > > Hi Group!
6 > >
7 > > I am using gentoo_prefix on a Mac OS 10.10.
8 > >
9 > > I am trying to install some packages, especially scientific stuff like
10 > > maxima/wxmaxima, paraview and mayavi.
11 > > None of these packages works right now and I suspect a major problem with my
12 > > gentoo_prefix.
13 > > The process fails and one of the messages is: "Darwin patch set
14 > > 'darwin-conf' failed to apply!"
15 > > What does this mean? Is this an "error" of the ebuild or do I have some
16 > > configuration problem on my system that need to be fixec?
17 >
18 > There is probably no problem with your Gentoo Prefix installation. It
19 > looks like you are trying to install some packages that have never
20 > been tested and/or ported to to x64-macos architecture.
21
22 +1
23
24 Also, the "darwin-conf failed to apply" message, is usually harmless
25 (but relevant for devs). Your problem likely lies elsewhere in this
26 case.
27
28 Fabian
32 Fabian Groffen