From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Cross EPREFIX portage
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:19:58
1 >
2 > Hi!
3
4 Right after clicking "send" I found a bug in the patch which I introduced
5 while cleaning it up for submission :) attached is now a working version,
6 which has just a small change: the setting of config_root is now done
7 differently, since the config class can be instantiated multiple times for
8 different prefix installations...
9
10 Cheers, Markus
13 > Some time ago I talked on this list about my plans on using portage to
14 > emerge packages for native Windows under Interix. To be able to do
15 > this, haubi and I had to "help" portage a little :) we now have a patch
16 > ready with which this is possible. Not only windows draws advantages
17 > out of the patch, but now it is possible to create a "child" prefix.
18 > You can create a base EPREFIX, which contains a system that doesn't
19 > change too often, and then merge packages to different prefixes
20 > building upon that parent prefix.
21 >
22 > For now, only DEPEND's are resolved from the parent EPREFIX -- RDEPEND
23 > and PDEPEND *must* be installed in the child EPREFIX. If a DEPEND
24 > cannot be merged into the parent prefix, portage tries to merge is to
25 > the child.
26 >
27 > Maybe some of you can have a brief look at the patch, and if there are
28 > no objections, I'd like to add the patch to the portage ebuild
29 > conditionally with a USE flag for more testing. If it does not destroy
30 > anything (I greatly doubt that it does...), it would be great to see it
31 > going into svn...
32 >
33 > P.S.: haubi wrote up some comments on the patch and other things... I
34 > attached them as-is, so ask haubi :)
35 > P.S.S.: the patch is against anonsvn-checked-out trunk of prefix
36 > branch...
37 >
38 > Cheers, Markus

prefix-cross-trunk.patch.notes application/octet-stream
prefix-cross-trunk.patch application/octet-stream