From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Patch breaks
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 20:46:23
1 2010/8/25 Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>:
2 > Hi Al,
3 >
4 > On 08/25/10 05:38, Al wrote:
5 >> If I use the build-in patch from Cygwin emerge works fine. When I
6 >> emerge gentoo patch 2.6.1 the following emerges break while applying
7 >> patches.
8 >
9 > It is unlikely one of those warnings is the reason for patch failing,
10 > you'll have to debug the patch binary itself.
13 I did, with a somewhat surprising result. This is the solution in short:
14
15 cp /bin/patch.exe.manifest /home/prefix/gentoo/tmp/usr/bin/
16 cp /bin/patch.exe.manifest /home/prefix/gentoo/usr/bin/
17
18 I set up a wiki page with a report of my investigations:
19
20 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Prefix/Cygwin
21
22 Al