From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Patch breaks
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:03:15
1 Hi Al,
2
3 On 08/25/10 05:38, Al wrote:
4 > If I use the build-in patch from Cygwin emerge works fine. When I
5 > emerge gentoo patch 2.6.1 the following emerges break while applying
6 > patches.
7
8 It is unlikely one of those warnings is the reason for patch failing,
9 you'll have to debug the patch binary itself.
10
11 > 1.) The final warning of patch build:
12 >
13 > * QA Notice: Package has poor programming practices which may compile
14 > * fine but exhibit random runtime failures.
15 > * src/pch.c:116: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘setmode’
16
17 When you're in 32bit mode, it should be ok to ignore this one.
18
19 > 2.) Short before end:
20 >
21 > /home/prefix/gentoo/usr/lib/portage/bin/ebuild-helpers/prepstrip: line
22 > 98: scanelf: command not found
23 > /home/prefix/gentoo/usr/lib/portage/bin/ebuild-helpers/prepstrip: line
24 > 186: scanelf: command not found
25
26 Ignore it for now. This is specific to ELF systems, and in the end
27 there will be another platform-specific handling in prepstrip.
28
29 > 3.) Somewhere above:
30 >
31 > gcc: unrecognized option '-R/home/prefix/gentoo/usr/lib'
32 > gcc: unrecognized option '-R/home/prefix/gentoo/lib'
33
34 This will go away once you have bootstrapped.
35 Should be save to ignore too.
36
37 /haubi/
38 --