From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefix-overlay-20140202.tar.bz2 unexpected EOF
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 14:16:19
1 On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 5:35 AM, Phil Tooley <phil.tooley@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hello all,
4 >
5 > Attempting to use the latest bootstrap script from
6 >
7 > http://prefix.gentooexperimental.org/hg/prefix-tree/raw-file/default/scripts/bootstrap-prefix.sh
8 > i get the following error when beginning stage2:
11 Dear All,
12 Let me explain what happened.
13
14 I've been bootstrapping daily (hourly) while testing something. During that
15 time, if I forget to save the overlay file, I have to re-download it from
16 prefix.gentooexperimental.org. This sucks for me because I can only get
17 40K/s from that host. Gentoo Developers have a method to add files manually
18 to the mirrors, so that is what I did. Now, this method involves a host
19 that every dev has access to, and a host that only the Gentoo
20 Infrastructure team has access to. The file was the correct size on the
21 first host, and incorrect size on the second. This incorrect file got
22 pushed to the mirrors. To fix this, I removed the file from all the hosts
23 involved and the mirrors will follow soon. Also, it is not worth
24 researching the root cause because the whole system will move to a
25 different host in a week or so (separate Gentoo Infrastructure project)
26
27 So, how to get around this (until the mirrors sync), manually download the
28 file from here: http://prefix.gentooexperimental.org/distfiles/ and place
29 it in $EPREFIX/usr/portage/distfiles
30
31 Have a nice day,