From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] Interix bootstrapping
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 22:11:40
1 On 19-03-2008 13:01:39 +0100, Duft Markus wrote:
2 > > I selected NFS support in the SFU installer, so I hope that it also
3 > > reasonably works, such that I can work over NFS with my dev-tree.
4 >
5 > Wow, i never tried NFS with interix, but i think it should work (they
6 > dropped support for it inlater version though i think :)).
7
8 /net works out of the box. That's even more than on *BSD.
9 I'm really impressed by this Microsoft product. My NFS server doesn't
10 like the windows box because it has of course not the same user id's,
11 but using the map user in the SFU MMC, it seems I can fix that.
12 Currently I am with stunning amazement looking at how bash-3.2 is
13 configuring without problems on Interix using a slightly hacked up
14 bootstrap-bash.sh script. If that finishes, I'm really starting to
15 wonder why Microsoft made something working so smooth that immitates
16 their potential rivals...
17
18 It seems there is no tool that can download files (used IE, uck!) in
19 Interix by default, right? ftp seems to dislike command line usage.
23 Fabian Groffen
24 Gentoo on a different level
25 --
26 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list