From: Francois Bissey <francois.bissey@×××××××××××××.nz>
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: [PREFIX] Bootstrap stable?
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2019 07:57:47
1 > On 4/04/2019, at 20:44, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Thanks for your explanation, I'm sure there must be some "pain" in even
4 > having to describe the situation ...
5 >
6 > Fabian
7
8 Large HPC system are just a different beast from your regular desktop
9 or server. There is a high number of people or research groups all
10 with different requirements.
11 Trying to satisfy everyone is madness and require extremely flexible
12 tools. spack, prefix, anaconda, easybuild are all potential tools
13 for the situation. While spack may be more flexible I won’t pretend
14 it solve every situations.
15
16 Now for some packager comic relief if you haven’t seen it
17 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSemlYagjIU&t=29s
18
19 François