From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: [Q] What's causing python on Opensolaris to fail to import modules?
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:16:10
On 23-06-2008 17:23:57 -0400, Maurice Volaski wrote:
>> I think I hit the same issue and I added a little note for it in the >> bootstrap guide. If you're bootstrapping 64-bits, you need to have the >> 64-bits paths in your searchpath, where they are non standard. >> >> It's in this line: >> >> If you are targetting a 64-bits native Prefix, append -L and -R flags >> for /usr/sfw/lib/64 to your LDFLAGS. Additionally set CC="gcc -m64", >> CXX="g++ -m64" and HOSTCC="gcc -m64". >> >> note the /usr/sfw/lib/64, it contains the 64-bits version of >>, that the linker should find (after skipping the >> incompatible 32-bits version). >> >> If you already did this, it looks like something weird is going on. > > First, I assume the guide you mean is >
> If so, though it's not the cause of the problem, but shouldn't those > variables be set before bootstrapping python?
Well, if you refer to the ones "./bootstrap-prefix ...", then NO. Those packages are build tools only (not libraries or stuff you're actually going to keep) and are just compiled 32-bits. This saves you from a lot of trouble. If you set -m64 before you did those, your python problems comes from there.