From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: [Q] What's causing python on Opensolaris to fail to import modules?
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:16:10
1 On 23-06-2008 17:23:57 -0400, Maurice Volaski wrote:
2 >> I think I hit the same issue and I added a little note for it in the
3 >> bootstrap guide. If you're bootstrapping 64-bits, you need to have the
4 >> 64-bits paths in your searchpath, where they are non standard.
5 >>
6 >> It's in this line:
7 >>
8 >> If you are targetting a 64-bits native Prefix, append -L and -R flags
9 >> for /usr/sfw/lib/64 to your LDFLAGS. Additionally set CC="gcc -m64",
10 >> CXX="g++ -m64" and HOSTCC="gcc -m64".
11 >>
12 >> note the /usr/sfw/lib/64, it contains the 64-bits version of
13 >> libgcc_s.so.1, that the linker should find (after skipping the
14 >> incompatible 32-bits version).
15 >>
16 >> If you already did this, it looks like something weird is going on.
17 >
18 > First, I assume the guide you mean is
19 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/bootstrap-solaris.xml.
20
21 yes
22
23 > If so, though it's not the cause of the problem, but shouldn't those
24 > variables be set before bootstrapping python?
25
26 Well, if you refer to the ones "./bootstrap-prefix ...", then NO. Those
27 packages are build tools only (not libraries or stuff you're actually
28 going to keep) and are just compiled 32-bits. This saves you from a lot
29 of trouble. If you set -m64 before you did those, your python problems
30 comes from there.
31
32 > Now, I had them set them when I bootstrapped python, so something weird
33 > is going on. I was able to get past it by moving the 32-bit libgcc out of
34 > the way and creating a symlink in /usr/sfw/lib to the 64-bit version and
35 > it seems to be working.
36
37 Then you better remove everything, and restart from scratch again
38 carefully following the guide. The order of things is highly important!
42 Fabian Groffen
43 Gentoo on a different level
44 --
45 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list