From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: where are old ebuilds?
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:26:59
1 On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:45:38 +1100, Matt Michalowski
2 <nextdayflight@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > 2009/11/12 Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>:
4 >>
5 >> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 18:48:41 -0500, Michael Yang <yangofzeal@×××××.com>
6 >> wrote:
7 >>>> since this one is straight from gx86, you'll have to look at it in
8 the
9 >>>> Attic of the main tree:
10 >>>
11 >>> thanks - it worked.
12 >>> If there were significant alterations to make it work in prefix, would
13 >>> there be a similar attic for prefix ebuilds?
14 >>>
15 >>> -mike
16 >>
17 >> Mike,
18 >> Everything we do is in source control. You found the CVS attic. One way
20 >> achieve the same on the svn repo is to mess around with the web
21 interface
22 >> (trac) or just do svn up -r <rev num>.
23 >>
24 >> trac: http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt/browser/trunk/prefix-overlay/
25 >> repo: http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/alt/trunk/prefix-overlay/
26 >>
27 >> HTH,
28 >> Jeremy
32 > Can I just ask how things make it from the SVN repository to the rsync
33 > mirror?
34
35 As we migrate completely to gx86, there is a whitelist.txt file in the svn
36 repo. Items in this whitelist file are pulled from gx86 completely,
37 unmodified.
38 http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt/browser/trunk/prefix-overlay/whitelist.txt
39
40 Files in the svn overlay are pulled into the rsync tree.
41
42 End goal, no svn overlay...all in gx86 (CVS)
45 > For example, in my current rsync tree, there are dev-db/tokyocabinet
46 > ebuilds. These don't exist in the prefix-overlay SVN tree, but look
47 > like they come straight from the gx86 tree. They don't have ~x86-linux
48
49 Probably because they were never tested on ~x86-linux or ~amd64-linux. If
50 it works, please file a bug to get the keyword added.
51
52 > or ~amd64-linux keywords, but rather just ~x86 and ~amd64. Is it now
53 > possible or even recommended to just put ~x86/~amd64 in
54 > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS?
55
56 No.
57