From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] preserving libmpfr.so.4.1.6
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 10:13:29
1 Hi Steven,
2
3 Steven Trogdon <strogdon@×××××.edu> writes:
4
5 > So, since I did not have FEATURES=-preserve-libs I proceeded to unmask
6 > mpfr-4.0.0-r1 and continued with the emerge of sage with the hope that libs
7 > were preserved. The short story is that I ended up with a broken gcc since the
8 > subject libraries were not preserved. This is more elaborately documented at
9 > https://github.com/cschwan/sage-on-gentoo/issues/497
10 >
11 > Fortunately, the gcc was recovered by linking to the host (debian) libmpfr and
12 > rebuilding the prefix mpfr-3.1.6. So, is there any way to check before one
13 > attempts to do this sort of thing that libs in question are being preserved? I
14 > can certainly try this again - it may have been gremlins - since I believe I can
15 > recover if it fails, but it would be nice to know whether things will work or
16 > whether portage is broken. Here I'm using portage-2.3.20
17
18 Thanks for tracking this down. If I were you, I would raise a bug to
19 the portage team.
20
21 We might need to compare different versions of portage and bisect.
22
23 Benda