From: Konstantin Tokarev <annulen@××××××.ru>
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] ppc-macos support
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 12:14:26
1 29.06.2018, 11:25, "Fabian Groffen" <grobian@g.o>:
2 > For whoever is interested in this.
3 >
4 > Just as a pet-project of mine, I recently re-vamped ppc-macos support in
5 > Prefix. I've only done Leopard (10.5), don't think my enthusiasm spans
6 > to Tiger (10.4). :)
7 >
8 > Because clang really doesn't want to work/compile at all on PowerPC
9 > (missing implementations for atomics and more) I decided to use FSF
10 > gcc-7.3.0 instead. It compiles out of the box, and allows to use newer
11 > C++ standards (the real problem with newer software basically).
12 >
13 > At some point I was able to bootstrap, it currently is probably broken,
14 > because FSF GCC can't compile binutils-apple and csu.
15
16 Did you try to compile clang with it?
17
18 > I "fixed" the
19 > latter by requiring gcc-apple-4.2.1, and could do the same for binutils,
20 > but I was hoping to get binutils-apple-7.3.1 compiling, as that version
21 > is much more recent and has some experimental PPC support (added back).
22 >
23 > I don't know if anyone is (like me, crazy enough) interested in
24 > ppc-macos, but if there is, at least this is the headsup :)
25 >
26 > Thanks,
27 > Fabian
28 >