From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] gcc on OS X
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 15:09:29
1 On 07-11-2012 22:13:06 +1300, Francois Bissey wrote:
2 > On 07/11/12 21:08, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
5 > > 07.11.2012, 07:03, "François Bissey" <francois.bissey@×××××××××××××.nz>:
6 > >> Hi,
7 > >>
8 > >> I have currently a prefix on OS X and I use gcc-apple. I tried a couple
9 > >> of times to use vanilla gcc which is currently masked but I had problems.
10 > >
11 > > You can unmask it and emerge, than use it as your default portage compiler.
12 >
13 > Yes and it will regularly fail to compile stuff. I have tried it this
14 > afternoon and it failed to compile glib (that was gcc-4.6.3) it is
15 > masked for a reason. I am just wondering what we want to do long term
16 > because vanilla gcc seem to be unreliable.
17
18 I've yet to see a problem with gcc-apple. At some point we might have
19 to switch to clang. But without details on what fails with FSF gcc, we
20 can't really see if there's an easy fix either.
24 Fabian Groffen
25 Gentoo on a different level