From: Francois Bissey <francois.bissey@×××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] gcc on OS X
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 12:03:28
1 On 07/11/12 21:08, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
4 > 07.11.2012, 07:03, "François Bissey" <francois.bissey@×××××××××××××.nz>:
5 >> Hi,
6 >>
7 >> I have currently a prefix on OS X and I use gcc-apple. I tried a couple
8 >> of times to use vanilla gcc which is currently masked but I had problems.
9 >
10 > You can unmask it and emerge, than use it as your default portage compiler.
13 Yes and it will regularly fail to compile stuff. I have tried it this
14 afternoon and it failed to compile glib (that was gcc-4.6.3) it is
15 masked for a reason. I am just wondering what we want to do long term
16 because vanilla gcc seem to be unreliable.
17
18 Francois