From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] gcc on OS X
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 15:09:51
1 On Wednesday, November 7, 2012, Francois Bissey wrote:
2
3 > On 07/11/12 21:08, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
6 > > 07.11.2012, 07:03, "François Bissey" <francois.bissey@×××××××××××××.nz<javascript:;>
7 > >:
8 > >> Hi,
9 > >>
10 > >> I have currently a prefix on OS X and I use gcc-apple. I tried a couple
11 > >> of times to use vanilla gcc which is currently masked but I had
12 > problems.
13 > >
14 > > You can unmask it and emerge, than use it as your default portage
15 > compiler.
18 > Yes and it will regularly fail to compile stuff. I have tried it this
19 > afternoon and it failed to compile glib (that was gcc-4.6.3) it is
20 > masked for a reason. I am just wondering what we want to do long term
21 > because vanilla gcc seem to be unreliable.
24 "We" do nothing. You can poke upstream of your favorite project to make the
25 software work with older compilers or provide patches. It is just
26 unreasonable to ask the downstream enabler to fix random projects.
27 -Jeremy
31 > Francois