From: Michael Fothergill <michael.fothergill@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] I tried installing gentoo prefix on WSL2 running debian.....
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 08:12:42
1 Many thanks for your email and advice.
2
3 On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 at 08:22, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > Your path is zapped by your .bashrc or something. Did the bootstrap
6 > script give a message/warning about this near the end of its execution?
7 > It should have.
11 I remember a grumble about the path being overridden in some way by the
12 host OS and warning me to fix this.
13
14 It did this in other prefix installations but in practice prefix runs
15 perfectly OK in them.
16
17 But this time when the boy cried wolf it seems the wolf really was there
18 after all.
19
20 I have looked at web pages explaining about the path in linux.
21
22 I could run a command to add the path to the emerge directory to the path
23 list.
24
25 But I don't know if that would help here.
26
27 What would happen if I deleted the .bashrc file itself?
28
29 Comments appreciated.
30
31 Regards
32
33 MF
34
35 PS A link to a copy of the stage 3 log file is attached below.
36 stage3.log
37 <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RF7GojXGAAxZMZMUXhkHt_ND8QdEGchq/view?usp=drive_web>