From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] I tried installing gentoo prefix on WSL2 running debian.....
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 08:24:19
1 On 18-07-2019 08:12:28 +0000, Michael Fothergill wrote:
2 > Many thanks for your email and advice.
3 >
4 > On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 at 08:22, Fabian Groffen <[1]grobian@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > > Your path is zapped by your .bashrc or something.  Did the bootstrap
7 > > script give a message/warning about this near the end of its execution?
8 > > It should have.
9 >
10 > I remember a grumble about the path being overridden in some way by the host OS
11 > and warning me to fix this.
12 >
13 > It did this in other prefix installations but in practice prefix runs perfectly
14 > OK in them.
15 >
16 > But this time when the boy cried wolf it seems the wolf really was there after
17 > all.
18 >
19 > I have looked at web pages explaining about the path in linux.
20 >
21 > I could run a command to add the path to the emerge directory to the path list.
22 >
23 > But I don't know if that would help here.
24 >
25 > What would happen if I deleted the .bashrc file itself?
26
27 That makes it work, but it's a bit crude ...
28
29 You probably want to remove/comment the bits that source
30 /etc/bashrc/xxxx or something similar, that should probably help some.
31
32 Fabian
35 > Comments appreciated.
36 >
37 > Regards
38 >
39 > MF
40 >
41 > PS A link to a copy of the stage 3 log file is attached below.
42 > [2] stage3.log
46 > References:
47 > 1. mailto:grobian@g.o
48 > 2. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RF7GojXGAAxZMZMUXhkHt_ND8QdEGchq/view?usp=drive_web
49 >
50 > read_char: errno==EILSEQ; invalid byte sequence for UTF-8:
51 --
52 Fabian Groffen
53 Gentoo on a different level