From: "VIDA Gábor" <vidagabor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Aborting due to QA concerns: there are files installed outside the prefix
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 14:58:23
1 Hi!
2
3 I'm trying to use RAP to replace the whole user-land of my main distro (what I cannot
4 replace unfortunately). It works fine, except that I periodically find packages that
5 install files outside the prefix at the end of the build. Even portage has this bug
6 when the "doc" USE flag is set, what I've already reported.
7
8 How do you come over such problems, or what would be the way to follow? Change the
9 ebuilds to move the files that are outside of the prefix at the end of the build?
10 Better would be to report the bugs to the upstream project, but that might take ages
11 to be fixed. Or to the ebuild maintainer as a Gentoo bug?
12
13 Right now:
14
15 >>> Completed installing autoconf-2.13 into /home/vidagabor/usr/roots/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/autoconf-2.13/image/
16
17 * Final size of build directory: 1996 KiB
18 * Final size of installed tree: 1120 KiB
19
20 * QA Notice: the following files are outside of the prefix:
21 * /usr
22 * /usr/bin
23 * /usr/bin/autoreconf-2.13
24 * /usr/bin/ifnames-2.13
25 * /usr/bin/autoscan-2.13
26 * /usr/bin/autoheader-2.13
27 * /usr/bin/autoconf-2.13
28 * /usr/bin/autoupdate-2.13
29 * ERROR: sys-devel/autoconf-2.13::gentoo failed:
30 * Aborting due to QA concerns: there are files installed outside the prefix
33 Thanks and best regards,
34 Gábor