From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Aborting due to QA concerns: there are files installed outside the prefix
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 01:14:41
1 Hi Gábor,
2
3 VIDA Gábor <vidagabor@×××××.com> writes:
4
5 > I'm trying to use RAP to replace the whole user-land of my main distro
6 > (what I cannot replace unfortunately). It works fine, except that I
7 > periodically find packages that install files outside the prefix at
8 > the end of the build. Even portage has this bug when the "doc" USE
9 > flag is set, what I've already reported.
10
11 Thanks for reporting. I have looked into the portage build system. Not
12 a trivial task to find out where to fix. Patches welcome.
13
14 > How do you come over such problems, or what would be the way to follow? Change the
15 > ebuilds to move the files that are outside of the prefix at the end of the build?
16 > Better would be to report the bugs to the upstream project, but that might take ages
17 > to be fixed. Or to the ebuild maintainer as a Gentoo bug?
18
19 File a bug at bugs.g.o under Gentoo/Alt, and preferrably attach a
20 patch. The Prefix Team will pick it up.
21
22 > Right now:
23 >
24 > >>> Completed installing autoconf-2.13 into /home/vidagabor/usr/roots/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/autoconf-2.13/image/
25 >
26 > * Final size of build directory: 1996 KiB
27 > * Final size of installed tree: 1120 KiB
28 >
29 > * QA Notice: the following files are outside of the prefix:
30 > * /usr
31 > * /usr/bin
32 > * /usr/bin/autoreconf-2.13
33 > * /usr/bin/ifnames-2.13
34 > * /usr/bin/autoscan-2.13
35 > * /usr/bin/autoheader-2.13
36 > * /usr/bin/autoconf-2.13
37 > * /usr/bin/autoupdate-2.13
38 > * ERROR: sys-devel/autoconf-2.13::gentoo failed:
39 > * Aborting due to QA concerns: there are files installed outside the prefix
40
41 Fixed in tree. Thanks!
42
43 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=ffcd38e7d281a84821df6