From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Please Bump Arm64 Prefix Stage3
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 16:41:31
1 On 13-06-2020 09:58:38 -0500, Sid Spry wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jun 13, 2020, at 8:58 AM, Fabian Groffen wrote:
3 > > Then update your portage?
4 >
5 > ... I can't, it's blocked by EAPI version mistmatch. The stage3 is EAPI6. Most of the packages, and at least the most important ones like postage, are EAPI7.
6
7 This sounds a lot like the scenario I recently had when I started up an
8 old VM. In the old days, the upgrade path was kept around, but with the
9 current generation of devs, this is considered bloat.
10
11 I ended up just respinning the VM, reinstalling Gentoo from scratch. Is
12 that something possible for you to do? Your only alternative is (most
13 likely) installing a more recent Portage manually, or by hacking the
14 ebuild to make it EAPI=5 and wading your way through warnings and errors
15 until it manages to install. I would just do
16 ebuild portage... digest clean merge
17 for this, making changes wherever you need to just get the new portage
18 installed. After that, probably --sync to wipe out any modifications
19 you had to make.
20
21 Thanks,
22 Fabian