From: Michael Jinks <michael.jinks@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Prefix bootstrap state
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 15:58:58
1 FYI, fixed for me now, on Darwin. Thanks for all the hard work!
4 On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 5:08 AM, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
5 > On 06-02-2014 09:45:10 +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
6 >> Currently, bootstrap is broken on:
7 >> - Darwin: it hangs on bash, which DEMANDS readline, despite disabling
8 >> it, I think the best course of action here is to actually compile
9 >> readline before bash, but I don't recall why we didn't do that
10 >> (probably because it used to break).
11 >
12 > This is fixed now, works on x86 and x64 on Darwin 10.
13 >
14 >> - Solaris 10: the old gcc compiler can't compile
15 >> baselayout-prefix/libeinfo. I'm about to patch that piece of code
16 >> tonight so it will compile.
17 >
18 > Managed to do x86 and x64 bootstraps.
19 >
20 >> - Fedora 17: Python 3 (whatelse) gives problems compiling modules. The
21 >> oddest one _decimal, which breaks on some weird funcs, but maybe those
22 >> are arithmetic ones from the compiler that we may or may not have due
23 >> to the bootstrap setup. Solution might be to block Python 3 during
24 >> bootstrap stages if it demands a newer compiler or something.
25 >
26 > Worked before fixing Darwin.
29 > --
30 > Fabian Groffen