From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Prefix bootstrap state
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 11:08:43
1 On 06-02-2014 09:45:10 +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > Currently, bootstrap is broken on:
3 > - Darwin: it hangs on bash, which DEMANDS readline, despite disabling
4 > it, I think the best course of action here is to actually compile
5 > readline before bash, but I don't recall why we didn't do that
6 > (probably because it used to break).
7
8 This is fixed now, works on x86 and x64 on Darwin 10.
9
10 > - Solaris 10: the old gcc compiler can't compile
11 > baselayout-prefix/libeinfo. I'm about to patch that piece of code
12 > tonight so it will compile.
13
14 Managed to do x86 and x64 bootstraps.
15
16 > - Fedora 17: Python 3 (whatelse) gives problems compiling modules. The
17 > oddest one _decimal, which breaks on some weird funcs, but maybe those
18 > are arithmetic ones from the compiler that we may or may not have due
19 > to the bootstrap setup. Solution might be to block Python 3 during
20 > bootstrap stages if it demands a newer compiler or something.
21
22 Worked before fixing Darwin.
26 Fabian Groffen
27 Gentoo on a different level