From: Konstantin Tokarev <annulen@××××××.ru>
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: Setting up a github repo for easily contribution?
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 08:36:39
1 21.01.2013, 11:50, "yegle" <cnyegle@×××××.com>:
2 > Hi Benda,
3 > Github's pull-request feature makes it very easy to contribute to the open source project.
4
5 It makes easy to submit patches which change a half of the tree. It makes easy to make pull requests containing unstructured patch sequences. It makes easy to get entangled history if contributors don't care about starting topic branch before making changes.
6
7 > I admit that this is not a very appealing reason. But think about why sf.net and google code loses their "market share" to github, and why Homebrew wins MacPorts.
8 > Github's pull-request featurešgives a more casual ways of contributing open source project (compare to patch/ebuild submission onšbugzilla). The casualtyšmay conflict with Gentoo's principles, but I think it's good for gentoo-prefix.
9
10 Make your own overlay and contribute to it in a way you like.
14 Regards,
15 Konstantin