From: yegle <cnyegle@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: Setting up a github repo for easily contribution?
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 07:50:38
1 Hi Benda,
2
3 Github's pull-request feature makes it very easy to contribute to the open
4 source project.
5
6 I admit that this is not a very appealing reason. But think about why
7 sf.netand google code loses their "market share" to github, and why
8 Homebrew wins
9 MacPorts.
10
11 Github's pull-request feature gives a more casual ways of contributing open
12 source project (compare to patch/ebuild submission on bugzilla). The
13 casualty may conflict with Gentoo's principles, but I think it's good for
14 gentoo-prefix.
15
16 Gentoo-prefix needs more contributors, and I believe an official github
17 repo can help.
18