From: Alan Hourihane <alanh@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Packages file
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:17:48
1 On Fri, 2010-04-30 at 00:07 +0000, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 23:17:44 +0100, Alan Hourihane <alanh@×××××××××××.uk>
3 > wrote:
4 > > Hi everyone,
5 > >
6 > > I've setup a binhost for FreeMiNT and it's working, but there's the
9 > > The file /usr/portage/packages/Packages is generated by the "emaint -f
10 > > binhost" command.
11 > >
12 > > Now for some reason, only some of the packages are tagged with "EPREFIX"
13 > > and others are not.
14 >
15 > In the Packages file, EPREFIX should be mentioned once and only once.
16 > There is a key in the xpak data of every individual package that stores
17 > EPREFIX.
18 >
19 > You can see my Packages file:
20 > http://tinderbox.jolexa.net/x86-linux-on-gentoo-x86/Packages
21 > And all the xpak data explicitly enumerated out in the html view here:
22 > http://tinderbox.jolexa.net/html/x86-linux-on-gentoo-x86/
23 >
24 > So, the question is, what are you doing differently in this regard? Or
25 > probably: What does EPREFIX="" do in your config regarding generating the
26 > xpak data. It could very well be a broken code path in portage when
27 > EPREFIX="". I've built entire prefix's from binpkgs without issue and
28 > exposed a few issues with my first attempts (now resolved). :)
29
30 Perfect. Thanks for this information Jeremy !
31
32 So, I removed my current Packages file and re-ran "emaint -f binhost"
33 which completely regenerated the file.
34
35 Problem is that "EPREFIX" isn't mentioned anywhere after the rebuild. If
36 I manually re-add the line....
37
38 EPREFIX: /
39
40 to the top of the Packages file then my clients start to work fine.
41
42 Not sure why it's not injecting EPREFIX though now. Any clues where to
43 look ?
44
45 Alan.