From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Packages file
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 00:07:28
1 On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 23:17:44 +0100, Alan Hourihane <alanh@×××××××××××.uk>
2 wrote:
3 > Hi everyone,
4 >
5 > I've setup a binhost for FreeMiNT and it's working, but there's the
8 > The file /usr/portage/packages/Packages is generated by the "emaint -f
9 > binhost" command.
10 >
11 > Now for some reason, only some of the packages are tagged with "EPREFIX"
12 > and others are not.
13
14 In the Packages file, EPREFIX should be mentioned once and only once.
15 There is a key in the xpak data of every individual package that stores
16 EPREFIX.
17
18 You can see my Packages file:
19 http://tinderbox.jolexa.net/x86-linux-on-gentoo-x86/Packages
20 And all the xpak data explicitly enumerated out in the html view here:
21 http://tinderbox.jolexa.net/html/x86-linux-on-gentoo-x86/
22
23 So, the question is, what are you doing differently in this regard? Or
24 probably: What does EPREFIX="" do in your config regarding generating the
25 xpak data. It could very well be a broken code path in portage when
26 EPREFIX="". I've built entire prefix's from binpkgs without issue and
27 exposed a few issues with my first attempts (now resolved). :)
28
29 -Jeremy
32 > The problem comes when trying to emerge binary packages on a new host
33 > which expects "EPREFIX" to be defined for each package or it skips it.
34 >
35 > So, where is EPREFIX picked up when running "emaint -f binhost" to
36 > populate the Packages file ?
37 >
38 > Alan.