From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Packages file
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 06:53:25
1 On 30-04-2010 00:07:15 +0000, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 23:17:44 +0100, Alan Hourihane <alanh@×××××××××××.uk>
3 > wrote:
4 > > Hi everyone,
5 > >
6 > > I've setup a binhost for FreeMiNT and it's working, but there's the
9 > > The file /usr/portage/packages/Packages is generated by the "emaint -f
10 > > binhost" command.
11 > >
12 > > Now for some reason, only some of the packages are tagged with "EPREFIX"
13 > > and others are not.
14 >
15 > In the Packages file, EPREFIX should be mentioned once and only once.
16 > There is a key in the xpak data of every individual package that stores
17 > EPREFIX.
18 >
19 > You can see my Packages file:
20 > http://tinderbox.jolexa.net/x86-linux-on-gentoo-x86/Packages
21 > And all the xpak data explicitly enumerated out in the html view here:
22 > http://tinderbox.jolexa.net/html/x86-linux-on-gentoo-x86/
23 >
24 > So, the question is, what are you doing differently in this regard? Or
25 > probably: What does EPREFIX="" do in your config regarding generating the
26 > xpak data. It could very well be a broken code path in portage when
27 > EPREFIX="". I've built entire prefix's from binpkgs without issue and
28 > exposed a few issues with my first attempts (now resolved). :)
29
30 One of the issues with binpkgs is that old binaries don't get updated.
31 So if you have old binaries around, try rebuilding them (using e.g.
32 quickpkg). Not sure how old your install is, but at some point changes
33 were made to the metadata keys, of which I'm not sure rebuilding will
34 actually help, since they are being taken from the VDB. Anyway, perhaps
35 you can avoid recompiling (if stuff is old) by comparing the
36 /var/db/pkg/X directories for a working and non-working package.
40 Fabian Groffen
41 Gentoo on a different level