From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] Darwin (OSX) users, the next sync probably breaks your system
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 19:45:44
1 Ok, this "hack" isn't the solution I found out. You better rebootstrap,
2 just like me. But you better start tomorrow after I found and fixed all
3 current bootstrap bugs.
6 On 04-08-2007 19:35:11 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
7 > Due to some new insights, as well as a missed package last time I broke
8 > your system, I've broken nearly every prefix install on OSX again. The
9 > details are in the moving of libraries which almost everything links
10 > against if you have nls in your USE flags.
11 >
12 > A workaround to getting your system going again, is to temporarily add
13 > some symlinks that fill the gap by the now moved libraries:
14 >
15 > $EPREFIX/usr/lib/libintl.8.dylib -> libintl.dylib
16 > $EPREFIX/usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib -> libiconv.dylib
17 >
18 > It is a good idea to reemerge your entire system, or bootstrap from
19 > scratch again. The latter will fail for the moment, so please hang on
20 > till I refreshed the bootstrap image of the tree.
21 >
22 > Thanks for flying Prefix ;)
25 Fabian Groffen
26 Gentoo on a different level