From: heroxbd@×××××.com
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] copy prefix to new directory / machine
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 02:21:53
1 Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o> writes:
2
3 >> mv $BPREFIX $EPREFIX
4 >> ln -s $EPREFIX $BPREFIX
5
6 > Actually, if one can keep symlink $BPREFIX, first two lines are enough
7 > (I'm using this setup)
8
9 > Be warned:
10 > gcc may change the order of builtin include directories when it finds
11 > itself in a different "--prefix" than it was configure'd for.
12 > Haven't checked recently, but http://gcc.gnu.org/PR29831 still is open.
13
14 I see. Not sure if the same problem is there. I do find the gcc search
15 path reordered mysteriesly without any sane guess for the reason.
16
17 The safer way to do is cp (or hardlink) everything over. If it is
18 copied, pay attention to the disk space. Finally remove the old Prefix.
19
20 cp -a $BPREFIX $EPREFIX
21 ...
22 ...