From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Cygwin: emerge -u system issues
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 20:18:05
1 On 25-09-2010 15:50:09 +0200, Al wrote:
2 > I nearly understand what is happening, but I still haven't a workaround.
3 >
4 > What is happening?
5 >
6 > During installaton of the newly compiled ncurses "cd" changes into the
7 > image directory. There are three files:
8 >
9 > cygncurses5.dll
10 > tic.exe
11 > toe.exe
12 >
13 > "Bash" depends on cygncurses5.dll. In the moment "ln" is called (part
14 > of bash), "bash" forks. It notices that there is the new
15 > cygncurses5.dll in the PATH now, because the current directory is
16 > always in PATH. It findes out, that this one has a different address.
17
18 Why would $ED/... be in PATH? Is . in PATH?
19
20 > Certainly this is not a perfect description of what is going on. What
21 > does it examine the new cygncurses5.dll? Why doesn't it simply use
22 > that one, that is already memory. Maybe my explanation is completely
23 > wrong.
24 >
25 > I tried to emerge from ash to avoid bash, but that doesn't help. I
26 > think bash is always drawn in by "ln".
27 >
28 > Have you been faced with a similar issue on INTERIX? What did you do
29 > as workaround?
30
31 no, but they do suffer from "file in use" problems, see:
32 http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/profiles/prefix/windows/interix/profile.bashrc?revision=1.4&view=markup
36 Fabian Groffen
37 Gentoo on a different level