From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] CentOS bootstrap
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:57:56
1 Hi Stelian,
2
3 On 25-08-2009 02:58:09 +0200, Stelian Ionescu wrote:
4 > Using the Solaris guide I managed to bootstrap Prefix on CentOS 5.3,
5 > with only a few minor problems:
6 > 1) I think that the guide should explicitly mention that after emerging
7 > binutils and gcc one should run «source $EPREFIX/etc/profile». Even if
8 > there's an elog message that states that, it was easy to miss it(after
9 > binutils) and that lead to a broken gcc
10
11 why is that necessary?
12
13 > 2) I needed to export PYTHONPATH=$EPREFIX/usr/lib/portage/pym/ in order
14 > for the bootstrap portage to work
15
16 can that be related to the symlink problem in the bootstrap-prefix
17 script?
18
19 Thanks for your feedback!
23 Fabian Groffen